EP 15: There is an elephant in the room blocking your next move (get into flow and energize yourself)
June 01, 2022
Dr. Cynthia Howard
Do you have trouble staying organized? Is there a lot of clutter around you? Do you end up being moody and lacking confidence sometimes? Do you procrastinate and have difficulty concentrating? Is it difficult to know what to do next? Well, today’s episode is about internal conflict and how to turn that around so you can get organized, feel happier, and get things done! The first thing you need to do is to make a list of the things that are creating internal conflict in your life and approach finding resolve for the first one. Join us as we discuss some of the causes of disharmony and internal conflict, with real-life examples and tools to open your heart as you begin to operate from a new perspective. Love leads differently to ‘let’s get this done’, so we invite you to embrace these techniques in order to put love in the driver’s seat. If you’re looking to energize yourself and get into flow, tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Ways to deliberately engage flow, harmony, and coherence.
- What it looks like to be in flow (and what it looks like when you are not).
- How to check in with yourself to determine if you are dealing with internal conflict.
- Symptoms of internal conflict; the elephant in the room.
- Situations that can cause internal conflict.
- Changes you can make once you have identified the source of internal conflict in your life.
- How clearing internal conflict can enable us to hear God and know what we crave.
- A powerful first step: write down what needs to change and do something about it!
- Why the very first thing you should do about anything is pray about it.
- Why you don’t want to be an enabler and live through the conflict of it.
- An example of how Cynthia Howard had to resolve a problem through difficult conversations.
- How using your strengths can enable you to get into a flow state.
- The state of being known as ‘coherence’, where your nervous system is in balance.
- How to manage the 90-minute to two-hour rhythm of your attention span.
- What is needed to get into a flow: a goal, a balance between difficulty and skill, and feedback!
- How heart-centered emotions like love and pride can expand your perspective.
- Prayer as a powerful tool to get back into harmony with yourself.
- More tools to help you to find harmony: heart-focused breathing and heart lock-in.
- How leading with love differs from having a mindset of ‘let’s get this done’.
- How flow can lead to enjoyment and connection with those around you.
- Why, the more you use these techniques, the more you are filling up your resilience account.
- How an exhausted mindset leads to an inability to get into flow.
- The power of coaching to redeem years of your life.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Cynthia Howard on LinkedIn
Work Smart Consulting
Work Smart Club Network