We are living in the age of distraction with the average attention span clocking in at eight seconds! This is killing both our joy and our ability to get anything meaningful done. Technology, as wonderful as it is for so many reasons, is primarily responsible for our dwindling focus and this ‘digital dementia’ is slowly eroding our ability to think deeply. But the good news is, due to the laws of neuroplasticity, we are able to train our brains, form new habits, and regain our attention span. In this episode, you’ll discover the simple steps to build your focus back up and you’ll find that your ability to pay attention will ultimately make you a better leader! Tune in to find out how to take charge of your devices, your environment, and your mind. You’ll find that when you are intentional with your attention, you’ll have extra bandwidth to solve problems, think creatively, and process what’s going on around you. Don’t waste another moment, it’s time to prioritize your greatest asset and protect your attention!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The average attention span in the age of distraction.
- The consequences of distraction!
- How technology is slowly eroding our ability to think deeply.
- A major source of social anxiety for younger generations.
- Why it’s important to be ruthless about protecting your greatest asset: your attention.
- How to manage your attention to ensure optimal productivity and satisfaction.
- Download the ‘Interruption Log’ on the Work Smart Club Network website!
- The importance of recognizing your distractions so you can make changes.
- Common natural causes for distraction.
- Simple ways to train your attention span!
- The benefits of a digital detox and the various approaches you can take.
- The three levels of attention: focus, awareness, and executive control.
- The one-minute attention reboot strategy: reboot, refresh, and relish.
- The power of appreciation and of keeping a gratitude journal.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: